1993 film The Remains of the Day on 4K in February
The 1993 film “The Remains of the Day” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on February 21st, 2023 via Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. The film, based on a novel (written by Kazuro Ishiguro) was nominated for 8 Academy Awards and was directed by James Ivory. It starred Anthony Hopkins, Emma Thompson, Christopher Reeve, James Fox, and Peter Vaughan.
The tech specs for the release include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of high dynamic range along with Dolby Atmos and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround and 2.0 Stereo lossless sound mixes. The release will not include a Blu-ray Disc counterpart. It will contain a digital code (copy) of the film.
You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray available for preorder over at retailers Best Buy and Walmart. The bonus materials set to be included with the release [on the 4K disc] are listed below.
- Audio Commentary with Director James Ivory, Producer Ismail Merchant, and Actress Emma Thompson
- Love and Loyalty: The Making of The Remains of the Day Featurette
- The Remains of the Day: The Filmmakers Journey Featurette
- Blind Loyalty, Hollow Honor: England’s Fatal Flaw Featurette
- 7 Deleted Scenes with Optional Director’s Commentary
- Theatrical Trailer
Further below, after the break, you can find the full details about the upcoming 4K physical release of this film.