Amazon Commissions Earned
The [adult swim] TV series “Rick and Morty: Season 5“ is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on December 7th via Warner Bros. Home Video. The show, created by Justin Roiland & Dan Harmon, features the voices of Justin Roiland, Chris Parnell, Spencer Grammer, Sarah Chalke, Kari Wahlgren, and Tom Kenny.
The tech specs for the Blu-ray release of Season 5 include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 lossless surround sound. You can now find the Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon. It’s also worth noting that there will be a Blu-ray SteelBook (pictured below) available on the same day [12/7] which is also available now for preorder over at Amazon and should be at other retailers as well. Both Blu-ray releases will come with a digital code (copy) of the fifth season of the show.
Amazon Commissions Earned
The bonus materials set to be included with this release of the fifth season of the show are listed below.
- “Fighting Gravity”: The Making of Season 5 (Exclusive to Set): In this deep dive discussion, co-creator Dan Harmon and the crew reflect on the challenges of completing this season in the middle of a pandemic and the creative process behind the story’s biggest revelations.
- “Inside the Episode”: For every episode from Season 5
- B-Story Generator Vol. 1: Co-creator Dan Harmon and writer Rob Schrab reach into their box of random ideas to conjure up hilarious side stories.
- B-Story Generator Vol. 2: Co-creator Dan Harmon and writer Rob Schrab return to brainstorm even more ludicrous side stories.
- Backgrounds: The show’s artists give us a jaw-dropping look at the amazingly detailed environments packed into every episode.
- Animation and Compositing: Crafting the show’s visuals is a complex process and the crew is here to show us why.
- Coloring Rick and Morty: Get an in-depth look at how the crew uses vibrant color to create fantastic alien worlds.
- Directing ‘Mortyplicity’: An inside look at the evolution of this ambitious and action-packed episode, from initial storyboards to final product.
- Directing ‘Rickmurai Jack’: A behind the scenes look at one visualization of one of the most ambitious episodes in the series’ history.
- Season 5 Hype: Dan Harmon and the writers give you a taste of what’s in store for Rick and Morty’s wildest season yet.
Further below, after the break, you’ll find the full announcement regarding the home video release of this season of the show.
Amazon Commissions Earned
The [adult swim] TV series “Rick and Morty: The Complete Seasons 1-4” will be getting a Blu-ray Disc box set release on March 2nd via Warner. The show, created by Dan Harmon and Justin Roiland, features the voice talents of Justin Roiland (as both “Rick” and “Morty”), as well as Chris Parnell, Spencer Grammer, Sarah Chalke, Kari Wahlgren, Maurice LaMarche, Dan Harmon, Brandon Johnson, Alan Tudyk, Tom Kenny, and Keith David. The tech specs for the 4-disc set include 1080p HD video in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD Master 5.1 sound for each season. That’s strange about the audio, as previously all four seasons of the show featured Dolby TrueHD 5.1 sound. So, perhaps that’s a typo? Or they’ve re-encoded the audio?
It’s worth noting that each season of the show will be included as a digital code (copy). There’s not yet a preorder listing available for this Blu-ray Disc set over at Amazon but stay tuned for an update. The bonus materials set to be included with this release will be identical to those featured on each season’s previous Blu-ray releases and can be found detailed further below, after the break, in the full official announcement about the upcoming release.
– Amazon Commissions Earned –
The [adult swim] TV series “Rick and Morty: Season 4“ is coming to Blu-ray Disc on September 22nd, via Warner. The show, which premiered in 2013, was created by Dan Harmon and Justin Roiland. Aside from Justin Roiland (as both Rick and Morty), the show features the regular voice talents of Chris Parnell, Spencer Grammer, and Sarah Chalke. Tech specs for all 10 episodes of the fourth season of the show on Blu-ray include a 1080p HD presentation in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio with Dolby TrueHD 5.1 surround sound. The releases, yes plural, will come with a digital code (copy) of the entire season. Speaking of releases, it is certainly worth noting that there will also be a SteelBook Blu-ray available of this season, non-exclusive to any specific retailer. You can find both the standard Blu-ray (pictured above) as well as the Blu-ray SteelBook (pictured below) now available for preorder over at Amazon.
Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- A Day at Rick and Morty: Inside Season 4
- Inside the Episode for each episode
- Creating Snake Jazz
- Directing Rick and Morty
- Samurai and Shogun
- Prop Process
- Character Creation
- Animation Challenges
The 2018 CG animated sequel “Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation” is coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on October 9th via Sony, according to an early retailer alert. Both the 4K and Blu-ray releases will come in the form of a “Monster Party Edition” (as the artwork suggests). The releases will also come as a “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray, Blu-ray getting a DVD and both getting a Digital Copy of the film included. Tech specs have not yet been detailed, and the only bonus materials we know about so far are the 2 Mini-Movies (mentioned on the art). Stay tuned for further updates once the studio (Sony) officially announces this title.
The animated film, directed by Genndy Tartakovsky, features the voice talents of the following: Adam Sandler, Andy Samberg, Selena Gomez, Kevin James, Fran Drescher, Steve Buscemi, Molly Shannon, David Spade, Keegan-Michael Key, Jim Gaffigan, Chris Parnell, Joe Jonas, and Chrissy Teigen.
You can already find PRE-ORDER listings for both the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc of the film over at Amazon. Also, there are placeholder pages over at Best Buy for both the 4K and Blu-ray – where you’ll find that 10/9 release date. Lastly, speaking of Best Buy, it’s worth noting that it appears they’ll be getting an Exclusive Steelbook for the Blu-ray release of the film. That Steelbook, along with the Blu-ray Disc art, can be found further below after the break.
Warner Brothers officially plans to bring the 2018 comedy “Life of the Party” starring Melissa McCarthy to Blu-ray Disc on August 7th. The film, co-written and directed by Ben Falcone, co-stars Gillian Jacobs, Debby Ryan, Adria Arjona, Julie Bowen, Maya Rudolph, Stephen Root, Chris Parnell, Molly Gordon, and Jimmy O. Yang . The Blu-ray will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a DVD and Digital Copy of the film included. A PRE-ORDER listing for this release can be found over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the Blu-ray Disc are listed below.
- “80s Party”
- “Mom Sandwich”
- “Bill Hate-O-Rama”
- Gag Reel
- Deleted Scenes