The 2021 sequel “F9: The Fast Saga” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on September 21st via Universal Studios Home Entertainment. The film, the latest in the “Fast and the Furious” franchise, directed by Justin Lin, stars Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Tyrese Gibson, Chris ‘Ludacris’ Bridges, John Cena, Nathalie Emmanuel, Jordana Brewster, Sung Kang, Helen Mirren, Kurt Russell, and Charlize Theron. Both the 4K and Blu-ray releases will include 2 versions of the film: The Director’s Cut (149 minutes, NOT RATED) and the Theatrical Cut (142 minutes, PG-13).
The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10, HDR10+, and Dolby Vision forms of high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos sound, on a BD-100 disc. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with Dolby Atmos sound on a BD-50 disc. Both versions will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that the 4K will come with its Blu-ray Disc counterpart, the Blu-ray will come with its DVD counterpart, and each will include a digital code (copy) of the film compatible with Movies Anywhere. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and the Blu-ray both listed as available for preorder over at Amazon. There will also be a 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook available as an exclusive over at retailer Best Buy (pictured below) which is now also available for preorder.
The bonus materials set to be included with the releases are listed below.
- GAG REEL
- F9: ALL IN: The Fast family invites you to be part of the crew as they give you an intimate look at how F9 propels this epic franchise to even greater heights. This bonus feature, with more than 46 minutes of content, includes returning characters, new cast members, huge stunts, big surprises, and so much more.
- PRACTICALLY FAST: When it comes to stunts, it seems each film in The Fast Saga outdoes the last. In this piece, we examine how Justin Lin and his team go to great lengths to shoot as many stunts as they can in-camera and practically, giving the film an authenticity that cannot be achieved solely through visual effects or CGI.
- SHIFTING PRIORITIES: We first met many of these characters when The Fast and the Furious was released in 2001. In the 20+ years since, not only have the characters themselves grown and evolved, but so have the actors that portray them. Art often imitates life, and we look at how that’s particularly true in F9.
- JUSTICE FOR HAN: Han is back! Sung Kang and Justin Lin discuss the genesis for the return of this beloved character, while the cast reveals how much it means to them to have Kang back along for the ride.
- A DAY ON SET WITH JUSTIN LIN: The job of a director on any movie production is huge. The job of a director on a production the scale of F9 is immeasurable. Spend a day with Justin Lin and see just how demanding it is to navigate a production day when you’re the one with all the answers.
- JOHN CENA: SUPERCAR SUPERFAN: John Cena is a real-life car expert, and no franchise does cars like Fast. Watch John jump from exotic car to exotic car like a kid in a candy store, giving you a true fan’s look at some of the rarest and most expensive automobiles in the world.
- FEATURE COMMENTARY (THEATRICAL AND DIRECTOR’S CUT) WITH PRODUCER/CO-WRITER/DIRECTOR JUSTIN LIN
Further below, after the break, you can find the full details about the upcoming home video releases of this film.