The 2019 animated film adaptation of “The Addams Family“ is coming to Blu-ray officially on January 21st, 2020 via Universal. The film, co-directed by Greg Tiernan & Conrad Vernon, features the voice talents of Oscar Isaac, Charlize Theron, Chloë Grace Moretz, Finn Wolfhard, Nick Kroll, and Snoop Dogg. Tech specs for the Blu-ray release include 1080p HD video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a DVD counterpart of the film and a digital code (copy) of the film included. You can find the Blu-ray Disc listed to preorder already over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Deleted and Extended Scenes
- Welcome to the Family – In this combined Making of/Character Profiles, we hear from the filmmakers and stars of The Addams Family about how the film came about, the animation process and insight into the characters.
- Life of a Scene – From black & white storyboards and layouts to animation and lighting, follow along with filmmakers as they bring to life a scene from the movie.
- Charades with Thing – There’s nothing quite like a game of Charades with your friends. But what happens when the person giving the clues isn’t exactly a person? What if he’s just… a hand? On talent day, stars of the film are invited to play Charades with Thing. Talent goes head-to-head, competing to see who can guess Thing’s clues. Graphics reveal the answers and keep score for each player.
- Addams Family Throwback
- “Haunted Heart” Lyric Video – performed by Christina Aguilera
- “My Family” Lyric Video – performed by Migos, Karol G, Rock Mafia & Snoop Dogg
Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement regarding the upcoming Blu-ray release of this film.