A Special Edition DigiBook set of both the 1923 silent and 1956 films is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on March 10th via Paramount. Both of these films were directed by the legendary Cecil B. DeMille and are here presented together for the first time in a 3-disc set. The classic 1956 film starred Charlton Heston, Yul Brynner, Anne Baxter, Edward G. Robinson, and Vincent Price. Tech specs have not yet been detailed for the release. So, stay tuned for some updates regarding this release. UPDATE: This Blu-ray set is now available for preorder over at Amazon. Bonus materials, physical and on the disc(s), set to be included are listed below.
- A 16-page booklet featuring rare photos and historical facts about both productions.
- An in-depth, 73-minute documentary entitled “The Ten Commandments: Making Miracles”
- Audio commentary on the 1956 film by Katherine Orrison, author of “Written in Stone: Making Cecil B. DeMille’s Epic, The Ten Commandments”
- Newsreel footage of the film’s New York premiere
- Theatrical trailers
- Hand-tinted footage of the Exodus and Parting of the Red Sea sequence from the 1923 version
- A two-color Technicolor segment
- Photo galleries
Further below, after the break, you can find even more details regarding this upcoming special release of the films on Blu-ray.