Halloween Kills gets Extended cut on 4K and Blu-ray
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2021 sequel “Halloween Kills” will be getting an “Extended Cut” (as well as the Theatrical Cut) on its 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc release on January 11th, 2022 which is officially coming from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. The film, co-written and directed by David Gordon Green and executive produced by John Carpenter, stars Jamie Lee Curtis, Judy Greer, Andi Matichak, Anthony Michael Hall, Robert Longstreet, Dylan Arnold, Will Patton, Thomas Mann, Scott MacArthur, Michael McDonald, Jim Cummings, Kyle Richards, Nancy Stephens, Michael Smallwood, and Carmela McNeal.
The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of high dynamic range as well as Dolby Atmos sound, on a BD-100 disc. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with Dolby Atmos sound on a BD-50 disc. The releases will both come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning the 4K will come with its Blu-ray counterpart, the Blu-ray will come with a DVD counterpart, and each will include a digital code (copy) of the film — compatible with Movies Anywhere.
You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon. Also, you can find them available over at retailer Best Buy who will be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook release (pictured below) which is now listed as well.
The bonus materials set to be included with the physical media releases of the film are listed below.
- GAG REEL
- DELETED/EXTENDED SCENES
- HADDONFIELD’S OPEN WOUNDS – Those who die at the hands of Michael Myers are not his only victims. We look at some of the returning characters, and why their past traumatic encounters with The Shape made them natural candidates to try and defend Haddonfield against him.
- THE KILL TEAM – It takes a big team to create a film the scale of HALLOWEEN KILLS, especially when part of the task is raising the bar for Michael’s gruesome kills. We hear the people behind the mayhem discuss how they continue to push the franchise to new heights.
- STRODE FAMILY VALUES – Filmmakers and cast discuss the three generations of Strode women that have been terrorized by The Shape, and the roles Laurie, Karen and Allyson play in trying to vanquish his evil.
- 1978 TRANSFORMATIONS – Shooting new footage that matches the feel of the iconic 1978 footage is no easy task, and even takes a little bit of luck. We reveal some of the secrets of how filmmakers achieved these stunning sequences.
- THE POWER OF FEAR – The impact of Michael Myers’ pure evil extends far beyond his victims. We examine how fear of The Shape changed the psychology of the people of Haddonfield.
- KILL COUNT
- FEATURE COMMENTARY – Director/co-writer David Gordon Green and stars Jamie Lee Curtis and Judy Greer
Further below, after the break, you can find the trailer for the film and the full announcement about the home video releases.