Tag Archives: Carey Mulligan
2020 film Promising Young Woman on Blu-ray in March
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2020 film “Promising Young Woman” starring Carey Mulligan is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on March 16th via Universal Studios Home Entertainment. The film, written & directed by Emerald Fennell, co-stars Bo Burnham, Alison Brie, Adam Brody, Clancy Brown, Jennifer Coolidge, Sam Richardson, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Connie Britton, Laverne Cox, and Molly Shannon. This movie has been well-received by both critics and audiences and it is “Certified Fresh” over at Rotten Tomatoes — at the time of writing this. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 surround sound. You can now find the Blu-ray listed for preorder over at Amazon. The release will come with a digital code (copy) of the film. The bonus materials set to be included with the release are listed below.
- A Promising Vision – Writer/Director Emerald Fennell discusses her inspirations for writing this bold, genre-bending film.
- Two-Sided Transformation – A look at why Carey Mulligan was the perfect choice to play “Cassie” and how filmmakers used wardrobe, hair, and makeup to express the balance between light and dark.
- Balancing Act – Cast members discuss their unexpected reactions to the careful balance of levity and tragedy in director Emerald Fennell’s take on female revenge.
- Feature Commentary with Writer/Director Emerald Fennell
Further below, after the break, you can find the trailer and the full announcement regarding the home video release of this film.
2018 film “Wildlife” gets Criterion Blu-ray May
– Commissions Earned –
The 2018 film “Wildlife“ starring Carey Mulligan and Jake Gyllenhaal is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc via The Criterion Collection on May 19th. The film, the directorial debut of actor Paul Dano (also co-writer of the screenplay), co-starred Ed Oxenbould, Bill Camp, Zoe Margaret Colletti, and Darryl Cox. The film was extremely well-received by the critics, and in fact, at the time of writing, this still carries a “Certified Fresh” rating over at Rotten Tomatoes. Tech specs for the Criterion Blu-ray include a new 2K digital master video presentation in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround sound. Spine #1031, the Criterion Blu-ray, is now available for preorder over at Amazon and directly via Criterion. Details about this release and bonus materials set to be included are listed below.
DIRECTOR-APPROVED SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES
- New 2K digital master, with 5.1 surround DTS HD Master Audio soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- New interviews with director Paul Dano, screenwriter Zoe Kazan, actors Carey Mulligan and Jake Gyllenhaal, cinematographer Diego García, production designer Akin McKenzie, and costume designer Amanda Ford
- New conversation on the film’s postproduction with Dano, editor Matthew Hannam, and composer David Lang
- Film at Lincoln Center conversation from 2018 between Dano and novelist Richard Ford about the film’s source material
- PLUS: An essay by critic Mark Harris
- New cover by Duncan Hannah