Amazon Commissions Earned
According to retailers, the 2010 film “Scott Pilgrim vs. the World” is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on July 6th via Universal Studios Home Entertainment. The film, based on the “Scott Pilgrim” graphic novels, was directed by Edgar Wright and starred Michael Cera, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kieran Culkin, Anna Kendrick, Alison Pill, Aubrey Plaza, Jason Schwartzman, Ellen Wong, Johnny Simmons, Mark Webber, Brie Larson, Mae Whitman, Brandon Routh, and Chris Evans.
UPDATE: The tech specs for the 4K release include a 2160p video presentation in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of high dynamic range as well as Dolby Atmos sound on a BD-100 disc. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that it will include its Blu-ray counterpart and a digital code (copy) of the film.
You can now find the standard 4K UHD Blu-ray listed to preorder over at Amazon. There will be a 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook exclusive to retailer Best Buy (pictured below) which is now available for preorder.
The bonus materials set to be included with the release are listed below.
- 4 Feature Commentaries
- Deleted Scenes
- Scott Pilgrim vs. the Bloopers
- The Making of Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
- You Too Can Be Se Bob-Omb
- Music Featurette & Music Videos
- Alternative Footage
- Adult Swim: Scott Pilgrim vs. the Animation
- Pre-production Footage
- And Much More!
– Commissions Earned –
The 2020 film “Just Mercy” starring Michael B. Jordan and Jamie Foxx is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on April 14th, via Warner. The film, based on a true story & directed by Destin Daniel Cretton, co-stars Brie Larson, Rob Morgan, Rafe Spall, O’Shea Jackson Jr., Karan Kendrick, and Tim Blake Nelson. The film was rather well-received by the critics during its theatrical run, in fact, at the time of writing, this currently carries a “Certified Fresh” rating over at Rotten Tomatoes. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include HD video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with Dolby Atmos sound. The release will come with a digital code (copy) of the film. You can now find the Blu-ray listed for preorder over at Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Making ‘Mercy’
- This Moment Deserves
- The Equal Justice Initiative
- Deleted Scenes
Further below, after the break, you can find full details about the release of this film on home video.
The 2019 Marvel Studios film “Avengers: Endgame” is officially coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on August 13th via Marvel (Disney). The film, directed by Anthony Russo & Joe Russo, stars Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Don Cheadle, Paul Rudd, Benedict Cumberbatch, Chadwick Boseman, Brie Larson, Tom Holland, and Josh Brolin. This movie set a record during its theatrical run, which has now been extended, grossing over 2.7 billion (so far) worldwide. The film also has received much critical-acclaimed and carries a “Certified Fresh” rating (at time of writing) over at Rotten Tomatoes.
The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include 2160p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio sound. The scenes shot in IMAX will NOT be presented in their correct aspect ratio and sadly, will not expand to fill the screen. This and some other shortcomings of this release have been discussed already by our friend John Archer over at Forbes. Both releases will come in the form of “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray getting a DVD, and each comes with a digital copy of the film. You can find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray of the film now available for pre-order over at Best Buy. Stay tuned for an update when Amazon correctly lists the title on both formats. There will also be an exclusive 4K Steelbook release (pictured below) available over at retailer Best Buy which is now available for pre-order. Another retailer exclusive will come in the form of a 4K Booklet packaging over at Target.
Bonus materials set to be included on the releases of the film are listed below.
- Steve and Peggy: One Last Dance – Explore Captain America and Peggy Carter’s bond, forged in moments from previous films that lead to a momentous choice in “Avengers: Endgame.”
Blu-ray & Digital:
- Remembering Stan Lee – Filmmakers and cast honor the great Stan Lee in a fond look back at his MCU movie cameos.
- Setting The Tone: Casting Robert Downey Jr. – Hear the tale of how Robert Downey Jr. was cast as Tony Stark in the original “Iron Man” — and launched the MCU.
- A Man Out of Time: Creating Captain America – Trace the evolution of Captain America with those who helped shape the look, feel and character of this compelling hero.
- Black Widow: Whatever It Takes – Follow Black Widow’s journey both within and outside the Avengers, including the challenges she faced and overcame along the way.
- The Russo Brothers: Journey to Endgame – See how Anthony and Joe Russo met the challenge of helming two of the biggest films in cinematic history … back-to-back!
- The Women of the MCU – MCU women share what it was like to join forces for the first time in an epic battle scene — and be part of such a historic ensemble.
- Bro Thor – His appearance has changed but his heroism remains! Go behind the scenes to see how Bro Thor was created.
- Six Deleted Scenes – “Goji Berries,” “Bombs on Board,” “Suckiest Army in the Galaxy,” “You Used to Frickin’ Live Here,” “Tony and Howard” and “Avengers Take a Knee.”
- Gag Reel – Laugh along with the cast in this epic collection of flubs, goofs and gaffes from set.
- Visionary Intro – Intro by directors Joe and Anthony Russo.
- Audio Commentary – Audio commentary by directors Anthony and Joe Russo, and writers Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely.
Further below, after the break, you can find the artwork for the Blu-ray, the promo trailer for the home video release (that does contain spoilers), and then full details about the upcoming releases of the film.
The 2019 Marvel Studios film “Captain Marvel“ is officially coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray on June 11th, via Disney. The film, directed by Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck, features a cast of Brie Larson, Samuel L. Jackson, Ben Mendelsohn, Jude Law, and Annette Bening.
UPDATE: Tech specs for the 4K release include video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 sound.
The 4K release will come in the form of a “combo pack” getting a Blu-ray Disc and both versions will get a digital copy of the film. UPDATE: The 4K UHD Blu-ray is now available for pre-order over at Amazon, while the Blu-ray only has an Amazon placeholder page. The 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray are both available for pre-order over at retailer Best Buy. Speaking of retailers, let’s discuss the exclusives coming out. Best Buy is getting an exclusive Steelbook for the 4K UHD Blu-ray release, now available for pre-order, and pictured below.
Target will be getting an exclusive Gallery Book package for the 4K UHD Blu-ray release, now available for pre-order, and pictured below.
UPDATE: Bonus materials set to be included on the release are now available and listed below after the break. Lastly, you can find the promotional video announcing these releases.