Tag Archives: Bill Paxton
The 2014 science fiction film “Edge of Tomorrow“ is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on July 5th via Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. The film, directed by Doug Liman, co-written by Christopher McQuarrie, and based on the novel “All You Need is Kill” by Hiroshi Sakurazaka, starred Tom Cruise, Emily Blunt, Brendan Gleeson, and the late Bill Paxton.
Tech specs for the 4K release include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range with Dolby Atmos and the original theatrical DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 lossless surround sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the Blu-ray counterpart and a digital code (copy) included. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included with this release are listed below.
- Operation Downfall – Adrenaline Cut
- Storming The Beach
- Weapons Of The Future
- Creatures Not Of This World
- On The Edge With Doug Liman
- Deleted Scenes
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding the upcoming 4K physical and digital releases of the film.
– ad – commissions earned –
The 1985 John Hughes film “Weird Science“ is getting a “Special Edition” Blu-ray Disc release on July 23rd via Arrow Video. The movie starred Anthony Michael Hall, Ilan Mitchell-Smith, Kelly LeBrock, Bill Paxton, Suzanne Snyder, Judie Aronson, and Robert Downey Jr. Tech specs for the new Blu-ray include 1080p video from a new 4K restoration with LPCM 2.0 Stereo and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. The release will include both the original theatrical cut (94 minutes) and the extended version (97 minutes) through seamless branching. The Special Edition Blu-ray is now available for pre-order over at Amazon. There also will be a Limited Edition Steelbook Blu-ray Disc release of the film, which you can available to pre-order over at Amazon as well. Further tech specs and a list of bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- New restoration by Arrow Films from a 4K scan of the original negative
- High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray presentation of the original Theatrical Version of the film (94 mins), plus seamlessly-branched exclusive Extended Version (97 mins), featuring two additional scenes newly remastered in high-definition
- Original lossless stereo audio, plus 5.1 DTS-HD MA surround option (theatrical version only)
- Original English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Edited-for-TV version of the film (SD only, 95 mins), plus comparison featurette highlighting the alternate dubs and takes
- Option to watch additional scenes from the Extended Version separately
- Newly-filmed interview with special makeup creator Craig Reardon
- Newly-filmed interview with editor Chris Lebenzon
- Newly-filmed interview with composer Ira Newborn
- Newly-filmed interview with supporting actor John Kapelos
- All-new interview with casting director Jackie Burch
- It s Alive: Resurrecting Weird Science, an archive documentary featuring interviews with cast, crew and admirers, including star Anthony Michael Hall
- Theatrical trailers and TV spots
- Image gallery
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Tracie Ching
- FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collectors booklet featuring new writing on the film by Alexandra Heller-Nicholas and Amanda Reyes