No Time to Die comes to 4K and Blu-ray in December
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2021 James Bond film “No Time to Die” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on December 21st via MGM (distributed by Universal Studios Home Entertainment). The film, directed by Cary Joji Fukunaga, starred Daniel Craig (in his final role as “Bond”), Léa Seydoux, Rami Malek, Lashana Lynch, Ralph Fiennes, Ben Whishaw, Naomie Harris, Jeffrey Wright, and Christoph Waltz. It is most certainly worth noting that this is “Certified Fresh” over at Rotten Tomatoes at the time of writing.
The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 and Dolby Atmos sound, on a BD-100 disc. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with Dolby Atmos sound. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that the 4K will include its Blu-ray counterpart, the Blu-ray will include its DVD counterpart, and both will come with a digital code (copy) of the film — compatible with Movies Anywhere. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray both available for preorder over at Amazon.
Retailer Best Buy will also be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook (pictured below) which is now available for preorder.
The bonus materials set to be included with the releases are listed below.
- ANATOMY OF A SCENE: MATERA – In true Bond fashion, there is an incredible pre-credit sequence featured in No Time To Die. A breathless chase shot in Matera that starts on foot, then motorcycle, then car. Not just any car either – the iconic Aston Martin DB5! Through interviews with Daniel Craig and director Cary Joji Fukunaga, plus on-set interviews with key members of the crew, we discover how the filmmakers shot this breathtaking sequence.
- KEEPING IT REAL: THE ACTION OF NO TIME TO DIE – In a world full of CGI-heavy action films, the Bond franchise proudly stands out from the crowd for always shooting practical stunts, without the use of special effects. In this piece we see how No Time To Die continues with this tradition with its amazing action sequences.
- A GLOBAL JOURNEY – Exotic locations are synonymous with all Bond movies and No Time To Die is no different. As well as returning to Bond’s spiritual home, Jamaica, for Daniel Craig’s final outing, we also go on a global journey taking in Italy, Norway and Scotland. We’ll hear from Daniel Craig, Cary Fukunaga, other key cast and filmmakers, on what it was like filming at these spectacular locations.
- DESIGNING BOND – Production designer Mark Tildesley and costume designer Suttirat Anne Larlarb, along with cast and other filmmakers, discuss the inspiration, challenges and trials of concepting and making such remarkable sets and costumes for the iconic Bond franchise.
- BEING JAMES BOND* – In this special 45-minute retrospective, Daniel Craig candidly reflects on his 15-year adventure as James Bond. Including never-before-seen archival footage from Casino Royale to the 25th film No Time To Die, Craig shares his personal memories in conversation with 007 producers, Michael G Wilson and Barbara Broccoli, in the lead up to his final performance as James Bond.
*4K UHD Only
Further below, after the break, you can find the official trailer for the film and the full announcement about the home video release.