Tag Archives: Awkwafina
Amazon Commissions Earned
Marvel’s Shang-Chi on 4K and Blu-ray in November
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2021 Marvel Studios film “Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on November 30th via Disney. The film, based on Marvel Comics & directed by Destin Daniel Cretton, stars Simu Liu, Tony Leung, Awkwafina, Meng’er Zhang, Fala Chen, Michelle Yeoh, Yuen Wah, and Sir Ben Kingsley. It is most certainly worth noting that at the time of writing this film is “Certified Fresh” over at Rotten Tomatoes.
The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray release include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect with DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 lossless surround sound. The 4K physical release will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that it will come with its Blu-ray counterpart. Each release will include a digital code (copy) of the film.
UPDATE #1: You now can find preorder listings for the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray over at Amazon. Yes, Amazon. Also, alternatively, you can find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray both available for preorder over at retailers Best Buy and Target. Best Buy will be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook (pictured below) which is now available for preorder.
UPDATE #2: There also will be a retailer exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray Art Edition (pictured below) which is now available for preorder over at Target.
The bonus materials set to be included with both the 4K UHD Blu-ray and the Blu-ray releases are listed below.
- Gag Reel – Take a look at some of the fun mishaps on set with the cast and crew of Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings.
- Deleted Scenes
- They’re Waiting – Shang-Chi and Katy connect with Xialing over a call.
- Take a Shot – Katy has a moment of resolve during a battle.
- Apology – Years after his sudden absence, Shang-Chi tries to apologize to Xialing.
- I’m Here – Shang-Chi and Katy have a conversation in the alley. Katy reassures Shang-Chi that she will always be his support system.
- Pep Talk – In order to turn the tide, Razor Fist encourages Katy during the middle of a battle.
- Greatness – Trevor and Katy bond over passions in their getaway car.
- Escape Tunnel – The gang slips out through Trevor’s escape tunnel in order to secure a getaway vehicle.
- Two Sons – Xu Wenwu compares Shang-Chi and Razor Fist during a tense dinner.
- Postcard – Shang-Chi and Xu Wenwu reunite as father and son. Shang-Chi makes it clear he disagrees with Xu Wenwu’s philosophy.
- Just Friends – Katy and Xialing get to know each other. Xialing asks Katy some personal questions.
- Do It Yourself – Xu Wenwu returns to his empire after the Iron Gang boss is captured.
- Building a Legacy – Go behind the scenes and explore Shang-Chi’s explosive debut in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- Family Ties – A deep dive into the rich but complicated legacy of Shang-Chi and Xu Wenwu.
- Audio Commentary – View the film with Audio Commentary by Destin Daniel Cretton and Dave Callaham.
Further below, after the break, you can find the trailer for the film and the full announcement regarding the home video release of this film.
SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run gets Blu-ray in July
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2021 film “The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run” is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on July 13th via Paramount Home Entertainment. The film, directed by Tim Hill, features the voice talents of Tom Kenny, Bill Fagerbakke, Rodger Bumpass, Clancy Brown, Mr. Lawrence, Carolyn Lawrence, Awkwafina, Reggie Watts, Jill Talley, and Matt Berry. And it even features a special appearance by Keanu Reeves. The tech specs for the Blu-ray have not yet been fully detailed but you can expect a 1080p HD video presentation in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio. No specifics yet on the sound presentation, but I expect to have an update on that soon. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning it will include a DVD and presumably a digital code (copy) of the film. You now can find the Blu-ray listed over at Amazon with a placeholder page, but it is not yet functional as a preorder. Stay tuned for an update on that. The bonus materials set to be included with this release are listed below.
- Mini-Movie – I’m Urchin You To Leave
- Campfire Songs
- Agua Music Video by Tainy & J. Balvin
- How We Do Lyric Video by Snoop Dogg and Monsta X
- Krabby Step Lyric Video by Tyga, Swae Lee & Lil Mosey
- Agua Lyric Video by Tainy & J. Balvin
- Campfire Stories
- Deleted Storyboard: Wake Up
- Deleted Storyboard: Sumo Ninja
- Camp Coral Buddies
- The Ballad of SpongeBob and Patrick!
- I ♥ Camp Coral by SpongeBob SquarePants
- Camp Arts and Crafts
- Drawing the Cutest Camper Ever
- Drawing the Cutest Snail Ever
- The Amazing Stages of Animation
- But Wait…There’s S’mores!
- The Wonders of the Patty Mobile
Further below, after the break, you can find the trailer or the film and the full announcement regarding the home video release.
“Jumanji: The Next Level” on 4K and Blu-ray March
– Commissions Earned –
The 2019 sequel “Jumanji: The Next Level” is officially coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc formats on March 17th via Sony. The film, directed by Jake Kasdan, stars Dwayne Johnson, Jack Black, Kevin Hart, Karen Gillan, Nick Jonas, Awkwafina, Danny DeVito, Danny Glover, Colin Hanks, and Rhys Darby. The tech specs for the 4K release will be IMAX Enhanced including 2160p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and DTS:X sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray release have not yet been detailed but stay tuned and I’ll update this when Sony gets me the info. The releases will both come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting the Blu-ray counterpart, the Blu-ray getting the DVD counterpart, and each getting a digital code (copy) of the film included. The 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray are now both available for preorder over at Amazon. It is also worth noting that there will be a bundled “2-Movie Collection” Blu-ray Disc set coming out – featuring the first film: “Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle” (2017). Plus, there’s going to be a 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook release (pictured below) exclusive to retailer Best Buy.
The bonus materials set to be included on both releases are listed below.
- Gag Reel
- “Rhys Darby Wants To Jingle”: How do you top Jack Black and Nick Jonas’s unforgettable theme song for the first one? Everyone’s favorite Non Player Character, Rhys Darby is ready to take it to the next, next level.
- “Body Swapping: Snapping Into Character”: “In the latest Jumanji adventure, the avatar roles are turned on their heads with new characters and hilarious performances.”
- “Back Together: Reuniting the Cast”: Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart, Karen Gillan and Jack Black are back and better than ever as they share their excitement to reunite.
- “Level Up: Making Jumanji: The Next Level”: From breathtaking scenery, wild adventure, new characters and more- go behind the scenes with the cast and crew as they take Jumanji to the Next Level.
- “Scene Breakdown: Ostrich Chase”: Jump in your dune buggy and go inside the epic ostrich chase scene as the filmmakers and visual effects team breakdown the creation of this memorable scene.
- “Scene Breakdown: Mandrill Bridges”: Moving rope bridges, giant mandrills and incredible stunt work make the mandrills attack one of the most adrenaline pack parts of this film. In this scene breakdown, see how they pulled it off.
- “Awkwafina Cat Burglar”: To prepare for her roles as pickpocket, Ming Fleetwood, superstar Awkwafina got a little too method behind the scenes.
- “NPC Confessions: Jurgen The Brutal”: Being the bad guy isn’t all glory. Jurgen The Brutal gets real in this candid confessional.
- “Grow Up:” Danny DeVito and Danny Glover help Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Hart get in touch with their inner grumpy old men.
- “Telenovela”: Kevin Hart gets lost in translation in this melodramatic promo.
- “VFX Pre-Vis: Zeppelin Battle”: Compare the detail of the visual effects pre visualization reel and the final picture breakdown of the thrilling Zeppelin battle.
- “VFX Pre-Vis: Ostrich Chase”: Track the progression from pre-visualization to finished scene in a side by side comparison of the ostrich chase.
- AR GAME: The 4K UHD, Blu-ray and DVD include a collectible map that is fully interactive, employing Augmented Reality to bring Jumanji to life through a smart phone, allowing users to create their own 8-bit Avatar, navigate a series of mini games and much more!
Further below, after the break, you can find some videos in promotion for the home video release, as well as the full details from the announcement regarding the upcoming home video releases of this film.
The Angry Birds Movie 2 comes to 4K and Blu-ray
The 2019 animated sequel “The Angry Birds Movie 2” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on November 12th via Sony. The film, based on the video game (“Angry Birds”) and directed by Thurop Van Orman, features the voice talents Jason Sudeikis, Josh Gad, Leslie Jones, Bill Hader, Rachel Bloom, Awkwafina, Sterling K. Brown, Eugenio Derbez, Danny McBride, Peter Dinklage, and Pete Davidson. Tech specs for the 4K and Blu-ray releases have not yet been detailed but stay tuned for an update on that. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc available for preorder over at Amazon. The releases will both come in form of “combo pack” with the 4K getting the Blu-ray counterpart, the Blu-ray getting the DVD counterpart, and each getting a digital code (copy of the film). The bonus materials set to be included are listed below.
- ALL-NEW MINI MOVIE! – “Live Stream”: When Silver attempts her first livestream, Red is the ultimate Angry Bird while the adorable Hatchlings get into mischief.
- 6 Classic Hatchling Mini Movies
- DIY Family Fun!:
- “Hangry Birds: Popcorn Balls”: No need to be angry or hangry with this simple, fun cooking tutorial. Follow along to make Red’s go-to comfort food and enjoy these tasty popcorn balls at home.
- “Smarty Birds: Crafty Volcano”: From the volcano on Eagle Island, Zeta plots her sinister plan and sends her lava balls flying. But why should Zeta have all the fun? Build your own volcano and watch it erupt combining crafts and science in this brainy how-to video!
- “Crafty Birds: Pig Snot!”: Ready to roll up your sleeves and get a little messy? It’s time to mix a few ingredients and create your very own pig snot (slime!). Just make sure to keep it away from Bomb…he likes to drink it. (Eeeew!)
- “Bird Watching”: In this hilarious “birds-eye” view of the real-life species that inspired the artists, we take a trip to the LA ZOO to get up close and personal with real-life Mighty Eagles, Blue Birds, Toucans, and more. With fun reactions from the cast intercut throughout the piece – get ready to laugh, learn and meet some amazing avian friends
- “Meet The New Birds & Pigs”: Join the returning cast and meet the unique new cast members giving voice to the hilarious characters in Angry Birds 2. In exclusive BTS recording sessions and interviews, we’ll see how Leslie Jones, Rachel Bloom, Eugenio Derbez, and Sterling K. Brown bring these unforgettable characters to life.
- “Hatching the Hatchlings”: The Hatchlings are soooooo cute! And in Angry Birds 2, we get to join them on their very own adventure! Meet these mischievous little troublemakers as we talk to filmmakers about the creation of the Hatchlings and their expanded storyline in the film, and hear from cast members about their love for these adorable baby birds.
- “Flocking Together: Making The Angry Birds Movie 2”: Go behind the scenes with the flock of talented artists who worked together to make The Angry Birds Movie 2.
- “Happy Thanks-pigging”: Zeta is not a fan of the traditional Thanksgiving menu!
- “Jingle Birds: A Holiday Song From The Cast of Angry Birds 2”: Sing along with Rachel Bloom and Jason Sudeikis with a new twist on this holiday classic.
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding the upcoming home video releases for this film.
Jon M. Chu directed film “Crazy Rich Asians” comes to Blu-ray Disc November
The 2018 romantic comedy “Crazy Rich Asians“ starring Constance Wu and Henry Golding is coming to Blu-ray Disc on November 20th via Warner. The film, directed by Jon M. Chu, is based on the best-selling novel of the same title written by Kevin Kwan. The film has received much critical acclaim, in fact (at time of writing) it is “Certified Fresh” via a 92% rating on the tomatometer over at Rotten Tomatoes. Tech specs and bonus materials for the release have not yet been detailed, but stay tuned for an update. The title is now available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon and Best Buy. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a DVD and Digital Copy of the film included.
“Ocean’s 8” with Sandra Bullock comes to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray in September
The 2018 Gary Ross directed film “Ocean’s 8” starring Sandra Bullock is coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on September 11th via Warner. It’s very worth noting that the film co-stars Cate Blanchett, Anne Hathaway, Mindy Kaling, Sarah Paulson, Awkwafina, Rihanna, and Helena Bonham Carter.
Tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include full 2160p 4K in both HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of High Dynamic Range with Dolby Atmos sound. As far as for the Blu-ray Disc: it will receive full 1080p HD video and Dolby Atmos sound. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray Disc, the Blu-ray getting a DVD, and both getting a Digital Copy of the film included. The 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc are available for PRE-ORDER now over at Amazon.
UPDATE: Audio specified for Blu-ray. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- A Heist in Heels
- Ocean’s Team 3.0
- Reimagining the Met Gala
- Deleted Scenes
It’s worth noting to our readers that there will also be an Exclusive Steelbook available for the 4K UHD Blu-ray release over at Best Buy (pictured below).
Below, after the break, you can find the cover artwork for the Blu-ray Disc release of the film as well as the official announcement for the releases.