The 2022 sequel “Halloween Ends” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on December 27th via Universal Studios Home Entertainment. The film, directed by David Gordon Green, stars Jamie Lee Curtis, Andi Matichak, Rohan Campbell, Will Patton, Kyle Richards, and James Jude Courtney. This marks the conclusion, as the title suggests, to the “Halloween” film franchise and the story involving the “Laurie Strode” and “Michael Myers” characters.
The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.39.1 aspect ratio with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos sound on a BD-100 disc. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD video presentation in a 2.39.1 aspect ratio with Dolby Atmos sound on a BD-50 disc. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning the 4K will get its Blu-ray counterpart and the Blu-ray release will get its DVD counterpart with each including a digital code (compatible with Movies Anywhere) of the film.
You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray both available for preorder over at retailer Best Buy as well as Walmart — with the 4K here and Blu-ray here. It’s most certainly worth noting that retailer Best Buy will be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook release (pictured below) which is also now available for preorder. Also, retailer Walmart will be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray with alternate collectible artwork (pictured further below) and available now for preorder as well.
The bonus materials set to be included with both the 4K and Blu-ray versions of the film are listed below.
- Deleted and Extended Scenes
- Michael Shakes Things Up
- Joan’s Bunny Slam
- Corey Reflects Upon Himself
- Ronald’s Stuck at Work
- Margo Gets the Boot
- Joan’s Recipe for Disaster
- Ending HALLOWEEN – HALLOWEEN could never truly end without a decisive showdown between Laurie and Michael. Explore the creative team’s approach to crafting the film’s final sequence.
- Final Girl – The iconic Jamie Lee Curtis discusses the legacy of Laurie Strode and what playing the character has meant to her.
- No Place Like Haddonfield – Filmmakers and cast reveal some of the secret ingredients that make HALLOWEEN productions so special and their personal feelings on being a part of such a classic franchise.
- Gag Reel
- A Different Threat – As Haddonfield evolves to a new era, we examine how the evil within has also evolved.
- The Visions of Terror – See how various production departments came together to achieve the film’s unique visual style.
- Twisted Deaths – An up-close look at some of the gruesome death scenes.
- Feature Commentary with co-writer/director David Gordon Green, actors Andi Matichak and Rohan Campbell, co-producer/first assistant director Atilla Salih Yücer, and production assistant Hugo Garza
UPDATE: It’s also worth noting that there will be a “Halloween Trilogy” released December 27th on 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc which is now available for preorder over at retailer Walmart.
Further below, after the break, you can find the trailer for the film and the full announcement regarding the home video releases.
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2021 sequel “Halloween Kills” will be getting an “Extended Cut” (as well as the Theatrical Cut) on its 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc release on January 11th, 2022 which is officially coming from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. The film, co-written and directed by David Gordon Green and executive produced by John Carpenter, stars Jamie Lee Curtis, Judy Greer, Andi Matichak, Anthony Michael Hall, Robert Longstreet, Dylan Arnold, Will Patton, Thomas Mann, Scott MacArthur, Michael McDonald, Jim Cummings, Kyle Richards, Nancy Stephens, Michael Smallwood, and Carmela McNeal.
The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of high dynamic range as well as Dolby Atmos sound, on a BD-100 disc. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with Dolby Atmos sound on a BD-50 disc. The releases will both come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning the 4K will come with its Blu-ray counterpart, the Blu-ray will come with a DVD counterpart, and each will include a digital code (copy) of the film — compatible with Movies Anywhere.
You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon. Also, you can find them available over at retailer Best Buy who will be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook release (pictured below) which is now listed as well.
The bonus materials set to be included with the physical media releases of the film are listed below.
- GAG REEL
- DELETED/EXTENDED SCENES
- HADDONFIELD’S OPEN WOUNDS – Those who die at the hands of Michael Myers are not his only victims. We look at some of the returning characters, and why their past traumatic encounters with The Shape made them natural candidates to try and defend Haddonfield against him.
- THE KILL TEAM – It takes a big team to create a film the scale of HALLOWEEN KILLS, especially when part of the task is raising the bar for Michael’s gruesome kills. We hear the people behind the mayhem discuss how they continue to push the franchise to new heights.
- STRODE FAMILY VALUES – Filmmakers and cast discuss the three generations of Strode women that have been terrorized by The Shape, and the roles Laurie, Karen and Allyson play in trying to vanquish his evil.
- 1978 TRANSFORMATIONS – Shooting new footage that matches the feel of the iconic 1978 footage is no easy task, and even takes a little bit of luck. We reveal some of the secrets of how filmmakers achieved these stunning sequences.
- THE POWER OF FEAR – The impact of Michael Myers’ pure evil extends far beyond his victims. We examine how fear of The Shape changed the psychology of the people of Haddonfield.
- KILL COUNT
- FEATURE COMMENTARY – Director/co-writer David Gordon Green and stars Jamie Lee Curtis and Judy Greer
Further below, after the break, you can find the trailer for the film and the full announcement about the home video releases.
The 2018 film “Halloween” directed by David Gordon Green and starring Jamie Lee Curtis is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on January 15th, 2019 via Universal. The film is a sequel to John Carpenter‘s original 1978 classic (of the same title). Carpenter contributed music to this and served as an executive producer, along with Jamie Lee Curtis. Danny McBride co-wrote the screenplay and also served as an executive producer. It’s also worth noting that this film was a joint venture with Jason Blum (producer) and his production house Blumhouse. The cast includes Judy Greer, Andi Matichak, Will Patton, Virginia Gardner, and Nick Castle. This (at time of writing) is “Certified Fresh” over at Rotten Tomatoes by the critics, and seems to have been liked by moviegoers as well.
Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and DTS:X sound. The Blu-ray tech specs include 1080p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and DTS:X sound. Both versions will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray Disc, the Blu-ray getting a DVD, and a Digital Copy of the film included on each. Both the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray of the film are now available for pre-order over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- Deleted/Extended Scenes
- Extended Shooting Range
- Shower Mask Visit
- Jog to a Hanging Dog
- Allyson and Friends at School
- Cameron and Cops Don’t Mix
- Deluxe Banh Mi Cops
- Sartain and Hawkins Ride Along
- Back in Haddonfield: Making Halloween
- The Original Scream Queen
- The Sound of Fear
- Journey of the Mask
- The Legacy of Halloween
Further below, after the break, you will find the Blu-ray artwork and the official announcement regarding both the 4K and Blu-ray releases of the film.