Knives Out coming to 4K and Blu-ray in February
– commissions earned –
The 2019 film “Knives Out” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on February 25th, via Lionsgate. The film, written & directed by Rian Johnson, stars Daniel Craig, Chris Evans, Ana de Armas, Jamie Lee Curtis, Michael Shannon, Don Johnson, Toni Collette, LaKeith Stanfield, and Christopher Plummer. The film has received a great reaction from both critics and filmgoers, in fact, at the time of writing this, it carries a “Certified Fresh” rating over at Rotten Tomatoes. Tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio in HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of High Dynamic Range with Dolby Atmos sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p HD video also in the 1.85:1 aspect and with Dolby Atmos sound. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting its Blu-ray counterpart, then the Blu-ray getting its DVD counterpart, and each has a digital code (copy) of the film included. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray both available for preorder over at Amazon. It is certainly worth noting that retailer Best Buy will be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook release (pictured below), which is now available or preorder as well.
The bonus materials set to be included on the 4K and Blu-ray releases are listed below.
- Audio Commentary by Writer-Director Rian Johnson, Director of Photography Steve Yedlin, and Actor Noah Segan
- In-Theatre Commentary by Rian Johnson
- Deleted Scene: “Bicycling Accident” (with Optional Audio Commentary by Rian Johnson)
- Deleted Scene: “Don’t Do Anything Rash” (with Optional Audio Commentary by Rian Johnson)
- “Making a Murder” Eight-Part Documentary
- “Rian Johnson: Planning the Perfect Murder” Featurette
- Writer-Director and Cast Q&A
- Marketing Gallery
- “Meet the Thrombeys” Viral Ads
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding the home video releases of this film.