The 2013 Pixar computer-animated film “Monsters University“ is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on March 3rd, via Disney, according to retailers. The film, a prequel to “Monsters, Inc.” and directed by Dan Scanlon, featured the voice talents of Billy Crystal, John Goodman, Steve Buscemi, Joel Murray, Peter Sohn, Helen Mirren, Sean Hayes, Dave Foley, Charlie Day, Tyler Labine, Nathan Fillion, Aubrey Plaza, and Alfred Molina. Tech specs for the 4K and bonus materials for the release have not yet been detailed but stay tuned for a possible update. It’s very likely the release will come with the HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound – but that’s just speculation based on previous releases. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the Blu-ray Disc counterpart and bonus disc included as well as a digital code (copy) of the film. You can find the 4K UHD Blu-ray now is available for preorder over at Amazon, Best Buy, Target, and Walmart. Lastly, it’s worth certainly mentioning that retailer Best Buy will be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook release of the film (pictured below), which is now available for preorder.
The 2018 computer animated sequel “Ralph Breaks The Internet” is coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on February 26th, via Disney. The film features the voice talents of John C. Reilly, Sarah Silverman, Gal Gadot, Taraji P. Henson, Jack McBrayer, Jane Lynch, Alan Tudyk, Alfred Molina, and Ed O’Neill.
Tech specs for the 4K include 2160p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with High Dynamic Range (likely in HDR10, although not specified) with Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray release include 1080p video in the 2.39:1 aspect with DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio sound. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray included, the Blu-ray getting a DVD included, and each getting a Digital Copy of the film. You can find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray both listed over at Amazon to pre-order (for the Blu-ray only so far). It’s also known that retailer Best Buy will be getting an Exclusive Steelbook for the 4K UHD Blu-ray release (pictured below). That can be pre-ordered now.
Bonus materials set to be included on both releases are listed below.
- How We Broke the Internet – Go behind the scenes at Walt Disney Animation Studios to get an in-depth look at how the filmmakers brought a world to life that billions of people visit every day but never actually see – the internet. Take a front-row seat as the team reveals the inspirations for the story and what it took to bring it to the screen. Discover all that went into developing the characters of the film including netizens like KnowsMore as well as characters like Double Dan. See the lengths the team took to create the car chase scenes in Slaughter Race and much, much more.
- Surfing for Easter Eggs – Surf the web for the near-countless Easter Eggs, inside jokes and references hidden throughout the movie.
- The Music of Ralph Breaks the Internet – Take a look at the music of Ralph Breaks the Internet with appearances by Imagine Dragons, Julia Michaels, Alan Menken, Sarah Silverman and more.
- Deleted Scenes – Five deleted scenes with intros from directors Rich Moore and Phil Johnston. Scenes include Into the Internet, Opposites, Domestic Hell, Bubble of One & Recruiting “Grandma.”
- BuzzzTube Cats – Many videos were created by the animators to fill the screens of the Internet world…and lots of them are of cats! Check out the BuzzzTube to watch this hilarious cat compilation.
- Music Videos – “Zero” by Imagine Dragons and “In This Place” by Julia Michaels.
- Baby Drivers – Slaughter Racing School – Take a spin behind the wheel with the artists behind Ralph Breaks the Internet as they go to race car driving school.
Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement regarding the releases of this film.
The 2018 film Jason Reitman directed film “The Front Runner” starring Hugh Jackman is coming to Blu-ray Disc on February 12th via Sony, according to an early alert to retailers. The film, based on a true story, co-stars Vera Farmiga, J.K. Simmons, Mark O’Brien, Molly Ephraim, Chris Coy, and Alfred Molina. Tech specs for the release have not yet been detailed, but stay tuned for an update. You can find the Blu-ray is available for pre-order over at Amazon.
UPDATE: The title has now been officially announced by Sony and we still have no clue what the tech specs for the release are, but we do know what the bonus materials will be and they are listed below.
- Filmmaker Commentary
- Featurette – “The Unmaking of a Candidate”
- Three Deleted Scenes
Further below, after the break, you will find the official announcement for this release.
The 2017 animated DC Universe Movie “Justice League: Dark“ is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on October 9th via Warner, according to an early alert to retailers. The film, directed by Jay Oliva, featured the voice talents of Rosario Dawson, Jerry O’Connell, Camilla Luddington, Nicholas Turturro, Jeremy Davies, Alfred Molina, Jason O’Mara, Matt Ryan, Enrico Colantoni, Roger Cross, and Ray Chase. Tech specs for the release include 2160p video in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a Blu-ray Disc included, as well as a digital copy. You can already find this for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon.
The bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- “The Story of Swamp Thing“
- “Did You Know? Constantine Origin”
- “Did You Know? Color of Magic”
- “Did You Know? Black Orchid“
- “Did You Know? Dead Man Casting”
- 2016 NY Comic-Con Panel
- A Sneak Peek at DC Universe Animated Movie “Teen Titans: The Judas Contract”
- From the DC Comics Vault – 2 Cartoons
- … And More!