Who Framed Roger Rabbit comes to 4K in December
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 1988 film “Who Framed Roger Rabbit“ is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on December 7th via Disney. The movie, directed by Robert Zemeckis, featured a blend between live-action actors and animated cartoons (“toons”). The cast included Bob Hoskins, Christopher Lloyd, Joanna Cassidy, Stubby Kaye, Alan Tilvern, as well as the voice talents of Mel Blanc, Lou Hirsch, Kathleen Turner (uncredited as “Jessica Rabbit”), and Charles Fleischer (namely as “Roger Rabbit”).
The tech specs for the 4K release include a 2160p video presentation in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that it will include its Blu-ray Disc counterpart in 1080p HD as well as come with a digital code (copy) of the film.
UPDATED: You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon and at retailer Best Buy.
There will be a 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook available as an exclusive over at retailer Best Buy (pictured below), which is now available for preorder.
The release will include the following bonus materials listed below.
- Filmmakers’ Audio Commentary – View the film with Audio Commentary by filmmakers Bob Zemeckis, Frank Marshall, Steve Starkey, Jeff Price, Peter Seaman and Ken Ralston.
- The Roger Rabbit Shorts
- Tummy Trouble – The accident-prone Roger Rabbit faces new perils when he is left to baby-sit for the mischievous Baby Herman.
- Roller Coaster Rabbit – Mother takes Baby Herman to the State Fair, and leaves him with Roger Rabbit so she can visit the psychic (fortune-teller).
- Trail Mix-Up – Roger Rabbit returns in an all-new outdoor adventure that finds the irrepressible Toon star on a hilarious, disaster-filled camping trip.
- Deleted Scene
- The Pig Head Sequence – Judge Doom and the weasels teach Eddie Valiant a lesson in a way that only Toontown can. With intro by director Robert Zemeckis.
- Who Made Roger Rabbit – A behind-the-scenes making of, hosted by Charles Fleischer, the voice of Roger Rabbit.
- Before and After – Split screen comparison reveals the unbelievable talent of the live-action actors, animators and the special effects.
- Toon Stand-Ins – Watch as the cast rehearse with life size stand-ins for the toons.
- Behind the Ears: The True Story of Roger Rabbit – An in-depth, behind-the-scenes documentary.
- On Set! Benny the Cab – The making of a scene from the movie.
Further below, after the break, you can find the full tech specifications for the 4K release via the brief announcement.