The 2018 film “The Sisters Brothers” starring John C. Reilly and Joaquin Phoenix is coming to Blu-ray Disc on February 5th, 2019 via Fox. The film is based on a novel and was directed by Jacques Audiard. It features a supporting cast of Jake Gyllenhaal, Riz Ahmed, Rebecca Root, Allison Tolman, Rutger Hauer, and Carol Kane. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a DVD as well as a Digital Copy of the film included. The Blu-ray is available for pre-order now over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included are listed below.
- Striking Gold: Making a “Modern Day” Western
- Q&A Panel
- Promotional Featurettes:
- Brothers Forever
- Wanted Dead or Alive
- Theatrical Trailer
Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement for this upcoming Blu-ray release.
The 1988 Frank Oz directed comedy “Dirty Rotten Scoundrels“ starring Steve Martin and Michael Caine is getting a “Collector’s Edition” Blu-ray Disc release on January 22nd, 2019 via Shout Select (Shout! Factory). Tech specs for the release include 1080p video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. It is known that this will come with a video transfer mastered from a new 2K scan of the original film elements. The title is available to pre-order now over at Amazon and directly via Shout! Factory‘s store. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- NEW Interview with Writer Dale Launer
- Audio Commentary with Director Frank Oz
Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement regarding this upcoming release.
The 2018 film “First Man” starring Ryan Gosling is officially coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on January 22nd, 2019 via Universal. This tells the story of NASA astronaut Neil Armstrong, the first man to walk on the moon. The film, directed by Damien Chazelle, features a supporting cast of Claire Foy, Jason Clarke, Kyle Chandler, Corey Stoll, Christopher Abbott, and Ciarán Hinds.
Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video in the 2.40:1 aspect ratio with both Dolby Vision and HDR10 forms of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound (on a BD-100). Tech specs for the Blu-ray release include 1080p video in the 2.40:1 aspect ratio and Dolby Atmos sound (on a BD-50). Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray included, the Blu-ray getting a DVD included, and a Digital Copy on each. You can pre-order the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray both now over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- Deleted Scenes
- Shooting for the Moon – Take an intimate look at the production of FIRST MAN and the collaborative relationship between Director Damien Chazelle and Ryan Gosling.
- Preparing to Launch – It’s difficult to believe that FIRST MAN is the first major feature film to tell the journey of Apollo 11. Hear from Director Damien Chazelle and his cast why now is the time to tell the story of this historic event.
- Giant Leap in One Small Step – A heroic character study, FIRST MAN sheds light on all the hard working individuals that got us to the moon and back.
- Mission Gone Wrong – Watch as Ryan Gosling reenacts a test piloting sequence gone terribly wrong. Go behind the scenes to see how he trained to nail the landing, performing the majority of his own stunts.
- Putting You In the Seat – Through the use of innovative technology, most of FIRST MAN was shot in-camera. Take an in-depth look behind the lens of this epic film.
- Recreating the Moon Landing – Filmed in IMAX to show the vastness of the moon, find out all that it took to recreate the most famous moment in NASA history.
- Shooting at NASA – Hear from Ryan Gosling and Director Damien Chazelle on how shooting at NASA brought unparalleled authenticity to FIRST MAN.
- Astronaut Training – Go behind the scenes of the three day boot camp each of the actors underwent prior to filming FIRST MAN.
- Feature Commentary with Director Damien Chazelle, Screenwriter Josh Singer and Editor Tom Cross
Further below, after the break, you can find the artwork for the Blu-ray and the official announcement regarding these upcoming releases.
The 1966 Hammer Films production “The Plague of the Zombies“ directed by John Gilling is coming to Blu-ray Disc on January 15th, 2019 via Scream Factory. The film starred André Morell, Diane Clare, Brook Williams, Alexander Davion, Jacqueline Pearce, and John Carson. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p HD video in the 1.66:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD Master Audio Mono restored sound. The Blu-ray is now available to pre-order over at Amazon and directly over at the Shout! Factory store. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- NEW Audio Commentary with filmmaker Constantine Nasr and author/film historian Steve Haberman
- NEW Audio Commentary with author/film historian Troy Howarth
- NEW Restored Audio
- World of Hammer – Mummies, Werewolves & The Living Dead
- Raising the Dead: The Making of The Plague of the Zombies
- Restoration Comparison
- Theatrical Trailers
- Still Gallery
Further below, after the break, you can find the full official announcement regarding this upcoming Blu-ray release.
The following titles will be released December 11th, 2018 on 4K UHD Blu-ray:
Evil Dead 2 [Lionsgate]
Galveston [RLJ Entertainment]
River Runs Red [Cinedigm]
The Equalizer 2 [Sony]
We, The Marines [Shout! Factory]
The following titles will be released December 11th, 2018 on Blu-ray Disc:
A Dry White Season [The Criterion Collection]
Along With The Gods: The Last 49 Days [Well Go USA]
Await Further Instructions [MPI Home Video]
Colette (2018) [Universal Studios]
De Niro & De Palma: The Early Films [Arrow Video]
Death Ship (1980) [Scorpion Releasing]
Female on the Beach [KL Studio Classics]
Forty Guns [The Criterion Collection]
Fox Fire (1955) [KL Studio Classics]
Galveston [RLJ Entertainment]
Hang ‘Em High (50th Anniversary Edition) [Shout Select]
I Still See You [Lionsgate]
Maniac (1980 Limited Edition) [Blue Underground]
Oliver! (1968) [Sony]
Pet Shop [Full Moon Features]
Popeye The Sailor: The 1940s Volume 1 [Warner Archive]
Sgt. Stubby: An American Hero [Paramount]
Silent Night, Deadly Night Part 2 [Scream Factory]
Tailspin Tommy in the Great Air Mystery [VCI Entertainment]
Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation (CE) [Scream Factory]
Toy Soldiers [Sony]
The Equalizer 2 [Sony]
The Last Command (1955) [KL Studio Classics]
The Last Kingdom: Season Three [Universal]
The Mangler [Scream Factory]
Unbroken: Path to Redemption [Universal]
Wild Women [KL Studio Classics]