The 2017 animated DC Universe Movie “Justice League: Dark“ is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on October 9th via Warner, according to an early alert to retailers. The film, directed by Jay Oliva, featured the voice talents of Rosario Dawson, Jerry O’Connell, Camilla Luddington, Nicholas Turturro, Jeremy Davies, Alfred Molina, Jason O’Mara, Matt Ryan, Enrico Colantoni, Roger Cross, and Ray Chase. Tech specs for the release include 2160p video in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a Blu-ray Disc included, as well as a digital copy. You can already find this for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon.
The bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- “The Story of Swamp Thing“
- “Did You Know? Constantine Origin”
- “Did You Know? Color of Magic”
- “Did You Know? Black Orchid“
- “Did You Know? Dead Man Casting”
- 2016 NY Comic-Con Panel
- A Sneak Peek at DC Universe Animated Movie “Teen Titans: The Judas Contract”
- From the DC Comics Vault – 2 Cartoons
- … And More!
In an early alert to retailers we get word that Paramount plans to release “Transformers: The Ultimate 5-Movie Collection“ to 4K UHD Blu-ray on November 6th. All five of these films are already available on the 4K format, but are being finally bundled together, a considerable bit more affordable than buying the films individually. Tech specs will be identical to the previous (individual releases) including 4K video with both Dolby Vision and HDR10 forms of High Dynamic Range as well as Dolby Atmos sound. No mention of new bonus materials set to be included on the release. In fact, bonus materials will be primarily (aside from commentary tracks) included on the original Blu-ray Disc releases, which will be included in this 10-disc “combo pack” set. A digital copy of each of the five films will be included. This set is available for PRE-ORDER now over at Amazon.
Retailer Best Buy has three Exclusive Steelbooks on Blu-ray Disc planned for movies based on Stephen King stories. The TV mini-series “It“ (1990), TV movie “Salem’s Lot“ (1979), and film “The Shining“ (1980) will get Steelbook treatment on October 2nd via Warner. The titles are all available for PRE-ORDER over at Best Buy priced at just $12.99 each. Their art can be seen above and below, but the full-size art hasn’t appeared yet on the web side, just on the mobile app side.
These are all three re-releases already available on the Blu-ray Disc format. No new transfers or bonus materials will be found on the new Steelbooks. It’s my guess that these are just being repackaged, likely in a marketing tie-in, to go with the currently available Warner produced Hulu series “Castle Rock“ – based on Stephen King stories.
The 1968 Western “Hang ‘Em High“ starring Clint Eastwood is getting a “50th Anniversary Edition” release on Blu-ray Disc come December 11th via Shout! Factory on their “Shout Select” label. The film, directed by Ted Post, co-starred Inger Stevens, Ed Begley, Pat Hingle, Bruce Dern, Dennis Hopper, and L.Q. Jones. Tech specs and bonus materials have not yet been detailed but they have teased they will be announcing them later. UPDATE: This is now available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon.
It is also available for pre-order directly over at Shout! Factory – where you’ll get it 2 weeks early if you order. Stay tuned for further updates regarding this highly anticipated upcoming release. Let’s hope they give it a new transfer or perhaps restoration.
Hammer Films‘ 1966 horror classic “Dracula: Prince of Darkness” starring Christopher Lee is coming to Blu-ray Disc in a “Collector’s Edition” on December 18th via Scream Factory (Shout! Factory). Tech specs and bonus materials have not yet been fully detailed, but they have plans to in the coming months, as announced today on social media. It is confirmed that a new HD transfer is being done for the film, as you can read below (taken from a Facebook post).
• Release will come with a slipcover (guaranteed for three months after its original release date)
• The newly-commissioned artwork pictured comes to us from artist Mark Maddox. This art will be front-facing and the reverse side of the wrap will showcase the original theatrical poster art design.
• Extras are still underway and will be announced later in Nov. We are reconfirming today though that we have an all-new High-Def transfer in the works.
There’s no pre-order listing available yet for this release over at Amazon, however, you can pre-order directly from Shout! Factory – where you’ll get an added bonus in the form of 18″ X 24″ poster. Only 500 of those posters are being produced though, so act fast if you want that for free. More details as they come on this release. Stay tuned.
The 2007 Michael Dougherty written & directed film “Trick ‘r Treat“ in “Collector’s Edition” form slated for an October 9th Blu-ray Disc release from Scream Factory has now been fully detailed. Tech specs for the release include full 1080p HD video in the 2.35:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. There is a already a PRE-ORDER listing available over at Amazon for this release. Bonus materials set to be included (now fully detailed) are listed below.
- NEW 2K Scan of the original film elements supervised and approved by director Michael Dougherty
- NEW Tales of Folklore & Fright: Creating Trick ‘r Treat – including interviews with writer/director Michael Dougherty, conceptual artist Breehn Burns, and storyboard artist Simeon Wilkins.
- NEW Tales of Mischief & Mayhem: Filming Trick ‘r Treat – in-depth interview with Michael Dougherty on the making of the film
- NEW Sounds of Shock & Superstition: Scoring Trick ‘r Treat – including interviews with Michael Dougherty and composer Douglas Pipes
- NEW Tales of Dread and Despair: Releasing Trick ‘r Treat – a look at the release and fandom with Michael Dougherty and writer Rob Galluzzo
- Season’s Greetings – NEW 2K scan of the original 16mm elements – a short film by Michael Dougherty with optional commentary by Dougherty
- NEW Storyboard and Conceptual Artwork Gallery
- NEW Behind the Scenes Still Gallery
- NEW Monster Mash – a story from the TRICK ‘R TREAT graphic novel
- NEW FEARnet.com Shorts
- Audio Commentary with director Michael Dougherty
- Trick ‘R Treat: The Lore and Legends of Halloween featurette
- Deleted and Alternate Scenes with optional commentary by director Michael Dougherty
- School Bus FX Comparison
- Theatrical Trailer
The full announcement for this release can be found below, after the break.
Continue reading ““Trick ‘r Treat” Collector’s Edition Blu-ray coming October gets fully detailed”
The 2018 Gus Van Sant directed film “Don’t Worry, He Won’t Get Far On Foot” starring Joaquin Phoenix is coming to Blu-ray Disc on October 9th via Lionsgate. The film, based on the true story / book by John Callahan, co-stars Jonah Hill, Rooney Mara, Jack Black, and Carrie Brownstein. The film is (at time of writing) “Certified Fresh” over at Rotten Tomatoes, where it currently carries a 75% rating. Tech specs for the release include full 1080p HD video in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. The title is now yet available for pre-order, but stay tuned for an update. A Digital Copy of the film will be included. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- “Inside the Accident” Featurette
- “Inside the Hospital” Featurette
Further below, after the break, you can find the full official announcement for this upcoming Blu-ray release.
Continue reading “Gus Van Sant film “Don’t Worry, He Won’t Get Far On Foot” on Blu-ray in October”