Warner Brothers has officially announced plans to bring the 2018 Brad Peyton directed film “Rampage” (based on the video game of the same title) starring Dwayne Johnson to 4K UHD Blu-ray, Blu-ray Disc, and Blu-ray 3D on July 17th. Tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include full 2160p 4K in the 2.4:1 aspect ratio with both HDR options of Dolby Vision and HDR10, as well as includes both Dolby Atmos and DTS-HD 5.1 MA sound mixes. The Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D releases include full 1080p in the 2.4:1 aspect ratio with both Dolby Atmos and DTS-HD 5.1 MA sound as well. All versions will include a digital copy of the film.
Bonus materials set to be included on the release(s) are listed below:
- Not A Game Anymore – From arcade sensation to movie monster epic, we explore how the Midway video game inspired the filmmakers to create the ultimate disaster film.
- Gag Reel – Hilarious outtakes and mishaps captured during production.
- Deleted Scenes – Deleted scenes that barely missed the final theatrical cut.
- Rampage – Actors in Action: Strap in for a wild ride as Dwayne Johnson, Joe Manganiello and the cast prepare for the film’s demanding stunts and explosive set pieces.
- Trio of Destruction – Follow the innovative design team and the artists at Weta Digital as they bring to life the biggest and baddest monsters for the film’s climactic battle royal.
- Attack on Chicago – Director Brad Peyton reveals the challenges of filming on-location in Chicago and turning digital destruction into a cinematic reality.
- Bringing George to Life – Discover the wonder of what it’s like to be a gorilla, as movement coordinator Terry Notary teaches actor Jason Liles how to move, behave and become “George.”
Further below, after the break, you’ll find the official announcement.
Disney / Pixar had originally announced the 2004 animated film “The Incredibles” directed by Brad Bird for a 4K UHD Blu-ray on June 5th, next week. Well, earlier in the week there were signs it had been pushed back and delayed by a week. It, to me, seemed to come as a marketing move by Disney to tie-in the release with the upcoming release of the film’s sequel (“Incredibles 2“) slated to come out later that week in theaters. Well, now we’re all back to where we started. Read the update below for the full details and sources for this information.
UPDATE: OK, this is confusing a lot of us, but now it turns out the title has NOT been delayed and is set for a June 5th release, as originally planned. I’ll note that this news, both the original delay rumor and update, came from our friend Bill Hunt, over at The Digital Bits, as well as new release date changes on the Best Buy pre-order page. At time of publishing, the title is not yet available (strangely) for pre-order at Amazon but stay tuned: I’ll update the post and social media the moment I see it listed. I apologize for the confusion caused here, but as Bill Hunt might tell you, this has been confusing.
Sony Pictures today has officially announced plans to bring the two Michael Bay directed films “Bad Boys” and “Bad Boys II” bundled together in a “Bad Boys I & II Collection” to 4K UHD Blu-ray on September 4th. The films both starred Will Smith and Martin Lawrence. The tech specs include fully restored video in 4K with HDR10 High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. The box set does include Blu-ray Discs of both of the films as well. Bonus materials will be just those ported over from the Blu-ray.
UPDATE: The collection is now available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon.
Further below after the break you’ll find the official announcement of this release.